VEmesh Wireless Extension to DALI (D2D)
VEmesh Wireless Extension to DALI (or D2D, for DALI to DALI) enables DALI users to benefit from all DALI capabilities without the added cost and complications of DALI wiring. In such deployments, D2D outshines in replacing any part of the wiring by wireless, the only restrictions being of DALI, such as the maximum of 64 devices per DALI loop. Other DALI constraints are eliminated or alleviated by the use of wireless, which in D2D can extend the deployment range and enable mobility, such as for standing lamps.
These capabilities are important both in new deployments, as well as in retrofit. In Building Management Systems (BMS) retrofit, VEmesh DALI enables a faster and more cost effective LED lighting upgrading, due to its capability to connect directly to the DALI part of BMS Gateways, such as to KNX™, BACnet™ or LonWorks™.
VEmesh Wireless Extension to DALI (or D2D) use is mainly indoor – offices, retail stores, production halls, warehouses, public buildings and alike. Its main features are:
- Supports DALI1 standard , as well as the new DALI2 parts as they become available – drivers, controllers, switches, dimmers and sensors
- Replaces wires by wireless in DALI
- Any wired – wireless configuration for maximum flexibility
- Up total 64 short addresses, as per DALI standard
- Up to 64 Node Bridges per D2D Network
- Each Bridge Node can support up to 8 luminaires
- Up to 250 co-located or adjacent networks
Some companies enhance DALI with their own extensions; VEmesh D2D designers, listening to their customers’ needs, offer support for such extensions, such as to Helvar’s input devices (switches, dimmers, presence detectors and alike).
All these features, combined with D2D unique flexibility to choose the portions of wiring and of wireless replacement results in a most cost-effective and fast deployment.