VEmesh D2D (Wireless Extension to DALI)
VEmesh D2D (Wireless Extension to DALI) enables the DALI users to benefit from all DALI capabilities without the added cost and complications of DALI wiring. In such deployments, D2D outshines in replacing any part of the wiring by wireless, the only restrictions being of DALI, such as the maximum of 64 devices per DALI loop. Other DALI constraints are eliminated or alleviated by the use of wireless, which in D2D can extend the deployment range and enable mobility, such as for standing lamps.
These capabilities are important both in new deployments, as well as in retrofit. In Building Management Systems (BMS) retrofit, VEmesh DALI enables a faster and more cost effective LED lighting upgrading, due to its capability to connect directly to the DALI part of BMS Gateways, such as to KNX™, BACnet™ or LonWorks™.
The customers of VEmesh D2D use it mainly indoor, such as for illumination of offices, retail stores, production halls and public buildings, as well as outdoor, such as for stadiums, marinas and parking lots.
D2D main features are:
- Supports DALI-2 and DALI-1 standards’ parts, such as those related to emergency lighting, tunable white, daylight harvesting and energy reporting
- Replaces wires by wireless in DALI
- Allows for any wired – wireless configuration for maximum flexibility
- Up total 64 short addresses, as per DALI standard
- Up to 64 Node Bridges per D2D Network
- Each standard Bridge Node can support up to 8 luminaires
- Up to 250 co-located or adjacent networks
All these features, combined with D2D unique flexibility of any hybrid wired-wireless configuration, results in a most cost-effective solution.